Shipping livestock in winter

• Hello everybody,

I would like to know from you if I could ship butterfly livestock, I mean eggs or, cocoons, during the winter season…

I was wondering, actually, if shipping moth cocoons is a serious risk or not, during that period of time which goes from November to March...which is a very cold season here in Northern Italy, where temperature goes often below zero degrees…

I want to tell you that I ship only to European countries, in winter too.

So I would like to know if I can ship for example to Germany or Belgium in winter, talking about cocoons or pupae, or if my livestock would get to my buyers died or damaged…

The species I would like to send are not overwintering species in the stage of cocoon, in fact they are:

-Rothschildia spp.

-Acherontia atropos or styx

-Attacus atlas or lorquini

-Antherina suraka.

Shipping time is at least 4 days...but, apart from this, I Always ship cocoons inside a plastic box, with a lot of cotton balls, all this will be put inside a letter…

Please let me know your real opinion!

Thanks and best regards,

Federico

• ANZEIGE
  • HI!

First of all, thanks a lot for your reply!

Ok, I see...then I will ship only during the good season, when there are at least 10 degrees, so that all my animals will be able to survive!

Actually I don't know if there is a limit of temperature, below which I can't send livestock items...anyway I don't want to kill my animals, so I will try with heatpacks or other heat ways.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Federico Galli

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!