Neoris huttoni question

• Yesterday afternoon my only m/f pair of Neoris huttoni emerged almost simultaneously. The adults were very large and they seemed healthy. At dusk the female was flying around so much that I tried to handpair it with the male. After rougly 10 minutes without success I released the adults back into the flight cage. At 10:30 pm I saw that the female was calling in the cage outside. This morning I discovered that the female laid all eggs, the abdomen is completely empty. Is it likely that the pair mated? Or is it normal for a female of Neoris hutton to lay all eggs anyway during the first night?

• ANZEIGE
  • Thank you Rudi. So far 2 breeders informed me that I can be sure that there was a pairing, otherwise the female would never have laid all eggs in the first night.
    During my handpairing attempt, the male didn't grab the female at all, there was no copula.
    From my experience unmated females can start laying if they are close to dying, but this was not the case: the female was still strong the next day and it was able to fly fast.

Regards, Klaas

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!