Posts by christobal

Hi, there is much to say about this idea/plan. I guess the main question is what you are looking for really. Do you want to collect butterflies in the field? Where is your main interest? In any case both countries require a lot of planning before leaving and in both countries you will need guides and/or drivers. In Iran there are additionally challenges, such as the language and non English street signs. Also not many people speak any English outside of the main cities (thus the guide). And then there is the current political situation there, which might entering the country difficult....

Another topic is that I would never recommend to travel in any of the two countries by yourself (i.e. alone). First of all this gets very expensive and with this kind of money you can also join a guided tour to such places as Kyrgyzstan which yield almost guaranteed success. Secondly for safety reasons you don't want to be alone in such places.... So the best would be to go with a friend or colleague with similar interest....

All the best and good luck to you, Christof