Beiträge von jonagius

Hello guys,
    I've got this beautiful pair of Pseudochazara from Afghanistan (Bamyan, Bande e Amir National Park) which I'm not sure about its id. I got them as P. lehana watsoni but to me, the underside pattern has nothing to do with that of P. lehana which is orange on the underside of the forewings, so I'm excluding P. lehana from the possibility. To me, it is closer to P. turkestana. Any ideas please?
    Thanks
    Jonathan
    www.satyrinae.yolasite.com/

Hello Everyone.

Exactly one year ago I launched my website called "Satyrinae of the Western Palearctic". During this year I received many contrasting comments. Most of you liked the page and still pay it a visit every now and then. A lot of you also praised the contents as presented and the research to consolidate various information from different sources in one location. However there were a few who told me that my efforts are useless, that the website does not add any value to the entomological community as there are similar websites (still haven’t found these sites yet!!) and that I should stop "wasting" my time to consolidate this information. Since I respect everyone's opinion, I always reply by saying that I do this research for myself first and foremost and I would like to share this information with anyone who is interested in using it. Those who don't need this info can easily ignore it, as the internet is there to be used by anyone as they please.

Notwithstanding the few negative comments received, I would like to thank all the users who accessed my website during this last year and provided photos and/or suggestions. I hope that you keep on referring to my website whenever you need some information relating to the Satyrinae of the Western Palearctic. I will try to do my best to keep on updating the site with the latest information I have available.

Below you can find a screenshot from Google Analytics which shows from which country in the world the users who visited my website come from. Basically it is almost from all over the world

Hi people,

Do you know from where I can buy the plant Festuca ovina please? I have acquired some seeds earlier this year but did not grow. May be you know a good supplier from whom I can buy an already grown plant. I need this plant as foodplant for larvae of Satyridae.

Thanks

Jonathan

jonagius@msn.com

Dear all,

I have been working for the last months on a website which is completely dedicated to the beauty and varieties of the Western Palearctic Satyrinae. This website covers species from all of Europe, Northern Africa and in certain instances even species from the Middle East and Asia as well.

Apart from finding a lot of great pictures (including several forms and subspecies) to appreciate the varieties of these insects, you can also find the larval food plants for most species. When time permits, there are still a lot of species which I need to include and update. I update my website every so often and you can find what has been updated in the updates link.

If you have any comments, corrections or suggestions, please feel free to email me from the contact us menu of the website.
    Also, if there is anyone of you who has knowledge and experience on the breeding of any of the Western Palearctic Satyrinae and you would like to share it with us, kindly drop me an email.

Otherwise, I hope that you like the website, you add it to your favorites and that you inform your friends about it as well :winking_face:

The link to my website is Satyrinae of the Western Palearctic

Jonathan Agius

German translation

Dear All,

Ich habe für die letzten Monate gearbeitet auf einer Website, die vollständig auf die Schönheit und die Sorten der westpaläarktische Satyrinae gewidmet ist. Diese Website deckt Arten aus ganz Europa, Nordafrika und in bestimmten Fällen sogar Arten aus dem Nahen Osten und Asien.

Abgesehen von der Suche nach einer Menge toller Bilder (einschließlich der verschiedenen Formen), um die Sorten von diesen Insekten zu schätzen wissen, können Sie auch bei der Suche nach Larven-Nahrungspflanzen für die meisten Arten.
    Wenn es die Zeit erlaubt, gibt es noch eine Menge von Arten, die ich brauche, um aufzunehmen und zu aktualisieren. Aktualisiere ich meine Website hin und wieder und finden Sie, was in der Link-Updates aktualisiert worden.

Wenn Sie irgendwelche Kommentare, Korrekturen oder Anregungen haben, zögern Sie nicht, mich aus dem Kontakt-Menü der Webseite per E-Mail.
    Auch, wenn es jemanden unter euch, die Kenntnisse und Erfahrungen verfügt über die Zucht von einem der westpaläarktische Satyrinae und Sie möchten es mit uns zu teilen, bitte schreiben Sie mir eine E-Mail.

Ansonsten hoffe ich, dass Sie die Website gefällt, fügen Sie es zu Ihren Favoriten hinzu und Sie darüber informieren, dass Sie es Ihren Freunden als auch;)

Der Link zu meiner Website ist Satyrinae of the Western Palearctic

Jonathan Agius