Argynnis pandora breeding

• Hi All,

1. I would like to ask you if somebody have experience with breeding this species - at least partial. This year due to very warm weather this species moved even to north Slovakia and captured female after 3 weeks started to lay eggs. Yesterday first larvae hatched ( after 7-8 days ) . I would like to know information about foodplant - which kind of Viola sp. is ideal and especially information about conditions of overwintering or possibility to break diapause and push developing until winter.

2. This year I collected many eggs of Argynnis adippe - both form adippe and cleodoxa ( as well as transitional cleodippe ) . I never heard about 2nd generation of this butterfly. But from eggs laid by form cleodoxa about 15% hatched in natural conditions ( without any special factor ). Not single one from normal adippe. Already previous year few larvae hatched from eggs in August ( again only from form cleodoxa ), but I was thinking they will hibernate. But they were all dead during week without food. This year I offered them food ( Viola canina as Viola odorata is deteriorated ) and now the are in L3/L4/L5 instar. Did you see anywhere 2nd generation of this butterfly in nature ?

many thanks, Jan

• ANZEIGE

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!