Beiträge von Bas1989

Hello fellow butterfly enthousiasts,

I have a little question, what subspecies of papilio machaon can be found in Italy?

Regards,

Bas van Wooning

Hi , I have a little question currently I have some cocoons and im waiting for my moths to come out. Once they do im thinking of putting them in the fridge to preserve them.

Are there any things I need to take in consideration? ? I want my specimens to be perfect off course and once I had a butterfly who's wings folded up wrong because it was killed in the fridge.

Thanks for your advise

Bas

is it possible to just put them in the freezer for a while?? I noticed that the specimens from my freezer where good to spread. I had a dry butterfly which went to shit when I tried to spread it too.

Dear fellow collectors,

im new to this forum but I have a little question I would like to start breeding my own moths and I like actias dubernardi a lot!!!
    I have in my collection 1 male specimen but I would like to have multiple pairs of them.

so what do I need to breed them?
    where can I get the things I need ?

and also I live in the netherlands and there is a thick pack of snow outside so can I breed them inside (where there is not so much sun light )
    and how much space do they need to live in and mate so I can breed new generations ???

thank you very much

Bas