Attacus lorquini cocoons

• Hello there I have a question about raising Attacus Lorquini cocoons.
    I have several cocoons at the moment that I'm waiting for to enclose, and was wondering what's the best way to keep them.
    I've tried looking around online a lot as well as here on this site but haven't found too much information.
    At the moment the cocoons have a little cut running down them because I wanted them to be sexed male or female from the seller when they were sent. I have read that you have to be careful how its cut or the moth can damage itself on the way out. So maybe it's fine and I should leave it in here but maybe I need to take it out?
    I know the pupa don't necessarily need its cocoon to live but I have also read that it helps them regulate temperature and what not. Also if it's just the pupa they might have trouble getting out of there because they use the cocoons to help them squeeze/crawl out.
    So basically what's the best way that I should care for them. Also the best environment to keep them and how often to mist them?
    The only moth I raised before this was a cecropia moth which I just left inside its cocoon naturally without cutting or anything and she emerged fine so sorry if my questions seem a bit silly but I just want to make sure I give them the very best chance.
    Right now all of my pupa are still alive and I've attached a photo so you can see what they generally all look like.
    Thanks,
    A.

• ANZEIGE

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!