Argema mimosae breeding

• Hello everyone. I am trying to breed Argema mimosae moths. I have reared some eggs a long time ago with success but i never witnessed breeding of the adults. I have one adult male and 2 females. The females suddenly started laying eggs but i didn't see them mate. How long should a mate of this species last? Does anyone have experience with that? Thank you

• ANZEIGE
  • I have had Actias maenas females lay ova without ever calling, so it probably happens to other species, especially

exotics. In any event, if there is a question as to the moths having paired up, I save ova until they shrink up and

then some.

I missed seeing Actias dubernardi pair up, and I keep all my moths in the bedroom, I missed Agapema homogena

pair up and the eggs started hatching over 3 weeks later.

Missing seeing a copulation can be a problem if you want to sell ova, and sometimes foodplant can be a problem

when you end up with 150 baby caterpillars.

Your results may vary. Just because someone else had a particular experience, doesn't mean it will be that

way for everyone.

I have been told that mittrei ova take several weeks to hatch, I don't know about mimosae

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!