Brahmaea Certhia cocoons

• Heya all!

I'm a bit confused at the moment. I have around 40 cocoons of Brahmaea Certhia but I don't know how to make the enviroment perfect for them. I've placed them in a plastic box with earth at the bottom and covered them with a paper towl. That way, when I spray them, they don't get in direct contact with the water. The box s ventilated. Is this a good way to keep them or should I adjust something. The temperature is around 20 degrees btw.

This is the first time I had such a great amount of cocoons that's why i want to make sure that they get the treatement they deserve :grinning_squinting_face:

Thank you in advance!

Greetz Wietse

• ANZEIGE
  • Hello everybody,

please take into consideration that the pupae naturally lie in humid soil, which is quite cooler than the air temperature. So I wouldn't keep them too warm, even in summer. During the winter time I would recommend around 10 degrees.
    Store them on peat with high humidity in a plastic box and cover it with a lid, but leave a gap of approximately 1 cm for a little ventilation. Spraying water on them wouldn't be necessary . Paper towel will mould and shouldn't be in there ...!
    Kind regards, Andreas

Bin immer auf der Suche nach Automeris-Arten und nehme gerne neben Eiern auch kleinere Stückzahlen von Kokons ab.
    Ebenso suche ich stets interessante leere Kokons aller möglicher Arten.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!