Acherontia atropos breeding beginner looking for help

• hi guys, I bought 10 specimen of Acherontia atropos and I need to help with its care. Most important for me are the possibilities of feeding them, as an example, do they accept the nectar which is usually for hummingbirds or loris. I know best would be hand feeding, but is there some youtuber focused on care of Sphingidae? I need to learn a lot, and Im in search of good books aswell as otther sources, as I mentioned above, I think youtube might help me a lot. Also mating, some of them are freshly hatched and I dont want to make mistakes with a bad care, so any help is highly appreciated. When it comes to books, what would You suggedt? I know only about dAbrera book, but are there any other worth it literature? I wanted to buy more species, but decided meanwhile focuse just on the Acherontia, so experienced entomologists here might help me with a good books or studies. I have the moths right now in a flexarium without plant, which is on the way, but wonder, would be one ligustrum just ok, what else do I need as for a succesfull breeding? Excuse my bad English please, not my first language. I would highly appreciate any kind of help from experienced Sphingidae breeders. Thank You all and have a nice weekend.:smiling_face:

• ANZEIGE
  • Hi Martin,

for feeding them this will be a very fine technic:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

The best food will be a 1/5 - 1/8 honey/water solution.

The imagos will feeding at the second or third day after hatching.

Then every second day at afternoon, if possible.

The female will mate every night with another or the same male, again and again for one week. That is neccessary for good fertil eggs.

For egg laying you should hang a piece of Ligustrum from the top of your flying cage.

Good luck

Rudi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!