H. cecropia pupa question

• ANZEIGE
  • The band has nothing to do with a potential hatching. It is a pupation „failure“ but not a serious one: wings did not expand completely after pupal shedding. It will have no influence on the development in this case. More serious cases where wings expand even less will lead to death of the pupa.

By the way: I also had cecropia eclipsing in late autumn at room temperature, although this might have been an exception.

• That makes sense, thank you both :smiling_face: I guess there's nothing I can do apart from wait and see what's gonna happen to the pupa.

I probably should have mentioned this but I tried to overwinter this little guy over summer in the fridge as I'm moving countries and did not want to risk having my pupa thrown away at the airport. I checked up on it again today and it is extremely squishy especially around the wing area and doesn't really wiggle anymore. It seems like it might not be alive anymore? I'm not sure

• Some pupa wiggle, others don't. As far as the length of time needed to break diapause, it probably varies with species,

I think more than a month in any event, I've been told 90 days, before, it sounds plausible, but I've never experimented

with it, it would be an interesting topic.

The airport- a hit and miss search scene. When I came back from Naples with a backpack full of food, Absinthe, and Cuban cigars,

while waiting in line at customs, here comes a guy with an "airport" dog... I'm thinking, ok, I've had it. The dog was a citrus

sniffing dog looking for wayward lemons and other citrus.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!